"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is." ~Ephesians 5:15-17

Why Do I Love You?

Why do I love you, oh unnamed person?
You might be family, you might be friend
You might be the person I see everyday
Or the person I pass on the street
And the love I have for you is not of this world
Because it is a love first given to me, unearned
Even if you are cruel to me, with a smile upon your face
I cannot hate you, for the one who loved me first
Endured more with love still in His heart
If you speak about me when I am not near
I will still stand beside you with arms outstreched
Even if you treat me as less than a person
I will care for you, because when He thought of me,
He also thought of you
When you hurt my feelings, I will really know
It is because you are hurting
And I can only hope
That by loving you
You will see the one who loved me first...
who loved you first...

No comments: