"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is." ~Ephesians 5:15-17

Second hand and loving it...

So, having two children that are the same sex def. has it's perks.  We kept a lot of V's clothes, and I gave away a lot.  Most of my friends that I gave clothes to have been able to return them, plus have given me even more that they had.  So, Allison has been blessed with lots of clothes.  Plus, grandma and I try to be sure she gets new stuff of her own too.

Before Allison was born I went through all the clothes we had for A & V and organized them into clear plastic tubs, based on size.  Victoria has been given some nice clothes from a family that was moving.  Nice stuff that will fit her for the next several years.

However, Victoria was born in the heat of August... Allison in the cold of February.  Somehow we've managed to be able to use the great majority of clothes so far, but as I looked through the "6-9months" bin it became clear that whereas Victoria was in this size clothes around February-April, Allison will be there from August-October.  As hot as it is now, I have a hard time believing it's going to get cold enough for A to wear some of these winter clothes.  So, I'm going to take some things down to the Clothesline Children's Consignment Store, and give some to friends.  Clothesline pays cash or gives credit... which will work out nicely.

Today's great deal - got a Cinderella life jacket for V for $4.00 at Clothesline.  Love it!

So one of the problems with used baby clothes is what 6 months means to one brand means something totally different to another brand.  Some brands include weight ranges on their clothes, but most do not.  I'm planning on compiling a list of brands and what their sizes mean.  I did some googling and here's a good list:

http://www.newkidsclothes.com/size_charts.htm

I love researching and finding stuff like this.  Really, I like anything to do with kids/baby stuff... I think my new dream job is either to work at Babies-R-Us or some other store.  I love talking to new moms/grand moms about my personal experiences as a mom with different products and baby milestones.

No comments: