"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is." ~Ephesians 5:15-17

Still at it!

I'm back! Sorry it's been a while since i've posted, but with traveling and the busyness of life, my good intentions haven't actually gotten me to writing.

Things are going well. At last Wednesday's weigh-in I had lost 2 pounds, which is great. I had already lost some prior to our first 'official' weigh-ins at church.

My bible study ladies and I are still walking every Wednesday, which has been a lot of fun and great to be able to fellowship.

More good news, I may start going to Bally's Total Fitness soon. Keith had a lifetime membership there from his bachelor days that he had allowed to go in-active. We're thinking of reactivating and transferring the membership to me! Yay! I really need to go hard-core on the exercise, and then be able to scale back as I get closer to my goal weight.

My wonderful husband is being 100% supportive. Up until now we hadn't totally cleansed the house of bad foods, but we're pretty much cleaned out now and on our next grocery store run are planning on getting all healthy foods and planning our dinners (breakfast & lunch are easy! Clif Bar and Lean Cuisine!). He's also committed to picking up Victoria in the afternoon's for me so that I can go to the gym.

It's been great to see how God is really working in me through this, I feel like as much of a physical change as it is, I'm also having a real heart and attitude change about my health and eating. I look forward to what lies ahead, and pray that God can use me to help other people who struggle with eating and health problems.

No comments: