"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is." ~Ephesians 5:15-17

The Ups and Downs

I had a couple rough days as far as calories are concerned, but I'm not feeling the least bit discouraged, because even these "rough" days compare to the way I was eating before. I've cut down my soda intake so dramatically that when I have had one (and then it was a Coke Zero) it didn't really excite me that much. I need to figure out what I want to drink that has a flavor. Maybe lemonade.

According to my home scale (which is the one I've been using all along) I've already actually lost 10 pounds. This doesn't surprise me a whole lot, because of the amount of weight I need to lose, and the dramatic change in my food intake. Here's what has become a pretty average day of eating:

Breakfast:
Clif Energy Bar (70% organic ingredients, it's high in protein and made with organic oats & soybeans - it fills me up!)
1 bottle of deer park water (equal to approx. 3 8oz glasses)

Snack:
A small handful of cashews, or fruit

Lunch:
Lean Cuisine or Smart Ones meal
Another Bottle of water

Snack:
Bag of Veggies w/ ranch dip or string cheese

Dinner:
My favorite is spinach salad w/ strawberries, cashews, blackberries, light vidalia onion vinagerette & grilled chicken on top!

Snack:
String cheese, or a scoop of icecream if I've been good!

2 comments:

April said...

Hey girl, first off, congrats on the weight loss so far! That is great. Weight loss is such a journey. Anyhoo, I hate drinking water except right after I work out or something, and I have found that if the water is flavored I really don't mind it during the day. Nestle makes super good flavored water, and crystal light is good to. They have so many flavors. Crystal light is good because it doesn't have so much sodium in it.
Secondly, I would recommend sugar free jello and lite cool whip for desserts if you need that something sweet. 10 calories for the jello and 2 tablespoons of cool whip is only 20 cal. so you get a tasty treat for 30 cal. Good luck. April

Katie said...

I think I will go eat a spinach salad myself. I am working out more lately so that my mood will be easier to manage. I have been on the elliptical a lot so my seat is a little sore. I am so excited for you as you work on building healthy eating habits. I sounds like you are doing awesome.