"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is." ~Ephesians 5:15-17

Now it becomes a Spiritual battle!

Well, we've been on this journey since Monday! Most of the time, five days does not seem like a lot of time, but on this journey, every day can be a victory and every day can be a challenge!

Today, it became more than just a physical battle... it became spiritual. I wasn't finding anything that appealed to me for breakfast... and so, for a brief moment, I considered what used to be my old fall back... Chick-fil-A. I was being tempted. I decided to go on sparkpeople.com and see how many calories were actually in a chicken biscuit from chick-fil-a. I was convinced NOT to go. I was not willing to sacrifice 400 calories to a chicken biscuit - not to mention the guilt that would have come later.

Before, I stopped for breakfast at Chick-Fil-A so much that it got to the point where when we pulled up, Victoria would say "1, coke, hashbrown." She had heard her mommy say "I'd like a #1 with a coke, and an extra order of hasbrowns" (the extra order was for her) that she knew exactly what I was going to say when I got there. I think that was part of my wake up call.

So, thanks to prayer and strength from God, I avoided the temptation. But it was proof that this battle has just gone spiritual!

"No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it." ~1 Corinthians 10:13

1 comment:

Katie said...

I am excited to once again be connected to you through your blog. I am looking forward to read along as God not only helps you in your physical goal but makes your spirit strong as well. I have a quote on my blog that has the article link with it that I think you may find encouraging. I know you wrote about not trying to meet the expectations others lay out for you but to only work on what God has for you. The article is along the same lines. Catalyst, a leadership website spear headed by John Maxwell is awesome as well. I miss you bunches. I are a blessing my sweet sister in Christ!