"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is." ~Ephesians 5:15-17

What encouragement!

Thank you to all my friends and family for your encouragement and support over the last few days. I've gotten some great feedback, especially some of you who are going to take a shot at this journey as well.

It's my second day, and things are going great. I've been drinking a TON of water, and really watching my calories. If I can keep this up, and add exercise, I think I can really drop some weight. We'll see!

Tonight was the first night of leading a small group at church for women in the workforce. I had 3 ladies join me, which is great. I hope more will join us! These ladies are great! I let them know at the end of class about trying to change my lifestyle and they were all very encouraging. In fact, starting next week, we're going to start out our time by walking around the track that is behind the church. We'll start our discussion and prayer there, and then when we're done with 4 laps (a mile!) we'll go back inside to continue.

The ladies in the office and I are also talking about walking during our lunch break.

This is going to be such valuable time for me, because getting exercise in at the end of the day is so difficult for me, that every little bit will help!

My mom challenged me to a competition to lose 10 pounds. If anyone else is interested in a little friendly competition, and maybe some teamwork/exercise partnerships, etc... let me know. If you join SparkPeople (free on www.sparkpeople.com) we can set up a SparkTeam and keep each other committed.

No comments: